Saturday, November 25, 2006

"My share of the spoils!"is finished! This piece has been my most satisfying mounted figure to date. "Men of Arkansas" by Don Troiani, which depicts Gen. Albert Sidney Johnston, was the inspiration for this figure.

I'm really pleased how the saddle blanket trim turned out. Painting the General's initials intertwined was a easier than it looks. I used very diluted paint for this, with several layers of build-up to make the design surface smooth and consistant. A steady hand helped too!

Colors (all Vallejo) used:
Base-921 English Uniform and 801 Brass. I use brass to give the trim a sheen.
Highlight-801 Brass and 913 Yellow Ochre
I used Beige (don't know #) in spots to help make it "pop".

No comments:

Big ol' pile of heads and armatures for the St. Privat project.