Wednesday, December 26, 2007

French General of Division, 1810

Here's my latest. A Napoleonic French General of Division. Inspired by a study done by Edouard Detaille. Various accessories found it's way into this figure. The chapeau is a Historex piece with alot of modification. The sword, along with the animal head belt buckles, are also from Historex. The head, which fit the subject perfectly, is from Hornet. In fact the head, in my opinion, makes this particular figure pop. Any other head, from any other line, would have made this figure look rather boring. Thank you Mr. Saunders! For making such wonderfully character filled heads.
This figure unfortunately is a WIP. I cannot find documentation on the tails of this officers coat. Whether it had lace, false turbacks, etc. Or if the sash detail is correct. Till then...













































8 comments:

Gary Dombrowski said...

Jason, This is one of your best. He has lots of attitude. A year or so ago I put the few Rousselot plates I had on Ebay. Sadly, one of them was the plate for Generals of Division. Unfortunately I only scanned one of the four plates I had, why only that one I do not know. I thought I'd would never do a Napoleonic. I'm sure they also had an undress tunic minus the bells and whistles. I'm sure Greg DiFranco would know, maybe you could touch base with him. ~Gary

Jason said...

Thanks, pard. Yeah, I'm liking how it's turning out. I've e-mailed Marcello (sp?), pF's Nappie guru, a couple times but no reply. I should have saved the scans he posted on the planet the first time. Lesson learned.

WendyRaf said...

The face is just perfect - both the facial expression and the painting. The guy looks so real, dare I say, so French. I love the hat too.

Pete said...

Jason, great stuff! I love the Detaille painting that inspired it too. I was thinking of doing a painting of the same subject but converting him into an officer of the Baltimore Volunteers from 1812. Your sculpting is getting even better!

Pete

Matt Springer said...

Great job, Jason. Beautifully sculpted and detailed. Great painting too!

Jason said...

Thanks Wendy, Pete and Matt! Much appreciated.

Blood&Guts said...

Hi Jason,
Excellent figure so far. If you send your email address to luisrh-at-wanadoo.es I can send some scans of the General Officers Rousselot's plate, if you still need some more references.
Luis R.

Rhonda W said...

Hi Jason,

I like this one as well it is so real looking, You are amazing.. It is so good to have a PASSION that you love and that you are great at..

Good Luck..

Rhonda

Big ol' pile of heads and armatures for the St. Privat project.