Thursday, November 20, 2008

Otto Dix's "Krieg", Part 7 *WARNING* GRAPHIC

Here's some closer pics of the "marching" figure. I didn't want to date him or "label" him from a particular regiment so I gave him a mixture of early and later war issue equipment.

The rifle is a ICM Dreyse neeedle gun conversion. The 1/35 scale 98's I have in my spares box looked too short for the WW1 issue. I covered a portion of the barrel with putty and added a pistol grip to the stock.

The face has much more contrast than the picture shows.





















3 comments:

Radek Pituch said...

Jason
This reminds me Goya's Los Desastres de la Guerra...anyway the scene came out really great. Terryfying and terrific at the same time.
I think that modelling, beeing a part of the arts, should also raise important issiues such as this.
Best
Radek

Jason said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason said...

Thanks Radek! I agree if we endeavor to model miniatures into an art form such scenes should be displayed.
While I'm reluctant to call my work art, I will strive to take my figures to another level in the hobby.

Big ol' pile of heads and armatures for the St. Privat project.