Monday, January 25, 2010

"A Cruel Misfortune" Part 10

Here's the first figure to be secured to base. I chose this one for obvious reseaons, that being I will be working my way inside out of the scene.
Sculpting and painting the hand onto base was NOT easy, but I'm happy with how it looks. The "grass" is unraveled twine mixed with some Hudson & Allen field type grass and then painted with appropriate colors. The grass is adhered with wood glue mixed with an earth toned color. Adding paint to the glue will help "mask" any shiny spots hiding under the grass. I still have some touch-ups to do on the figure before additional pieces go on.



3 comments:

Jim Johnston said...

Jason, Tell me about what you are using for your grass please? I like the thicker, longer and to my eyes, more realistic appearance you have achieved.

Gary Dombrowski said...

Jason, You would think doing the grass one section at a time would be tough to do. As long as you're able to keep it consistent it probably makes a lot of sense. ~Gary

Jason said...

Yes, working this way is really the only way. I can't imagine adding all this after every figure is glued into place and making it look natural. Then painting it!

Big ol' pile of heads and armatures for the St. Privat project.