Saturday, August 7, 2010

Berlin Wall- Composition Proposition

Taking a break from the Rev War vignette/dio to get a jump on this one. It's a little homage, for lack of a better word, for the efforts made by leaders the "free world" to persuade the East to open it's borders during the Cold War. Since the Wall was torn down in '89, it's not an overtly political piece today, but I'm sure would strike a cord somewhere in someone.

Right now I'm working the composition and trying to decide which view is more effective. Reading left to right makes me see the portrait of JFK, then what may be going on behind the wall. On the other hand, I first see what may be going on and the JFK bust stops my eye, then makes want to turn the base around to see the back.

More on the JFK portrait later and whats going on behind the wall.


No comments:

Big ol' pile of heads and armatures for the St. Privat project.