Sunday, May 15, 2011

Hessian Drummer, 1777

Over the next week or so I'll be posting the work I had for my MFCA display. For those not familiar with my work, all my original pieces are 54mm.

The figure here is a Hessian drummer during the American Revolution. I believe this is the third Hessian I've painted with ticking/striped overalls. The putty I use is Aves and Kneadatite. The head is a commercial piece and the torso are castings that a buddy gave me.

The drum is scratch-built. The past few drums I have built have been scratch and are getting a bit easier everytime. In the future, I'll do an SBS on how I model a drum.

Thanks for looking.





1 comment:

Gary Dombrowski said...

Very very cool. Great to see someone doing Hessians justice. :) ~Gary

Big ol' pile of heads and armatures for the St. Privat project.