Saturday, August 2, 2014

"You're a daisy if you do." Painted

Here's a few pics of the 'Doc'. There was more detail to be done than anticipated. Looking at several film stills, one would think this would be an easy project. The holster contraption had it's own challenges, as well as the shirt. Painting was fairly straight forward. The pin stripes are always a bear to do. Some may wonder why I didn't paint his skin tone that pale complexion as depicted in the film. Well, I tried, but the overall look turned the entire piece into a black and white figure, no matter how subtle I added color to his face. To my eyes, it didn't look right. Alas, I went back to my usual Caucasian formula. I'm pretty happy with how he turned out. Now, I'm considering modeling his antagonist, Johnny Ringo. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Big ol' pile of heads and armatures for the St. Privat project.